I recently spoke with the wonderful writer Cate Montana for the July 2019 issue of What Doctors Don’t Tell You. The monthly magazine out of the UK is a phenomenal source of reliable, science-backed information about natural healing modalities, alternative therapies, and tips for healthier, holistic living. In the article, I share my healing journey from my day-one MS diagnosis when I was 19 to my Eureka! moment in 2010 when I completely reversed the course of a so-called “incurable” illness.
Here’s what else the article includes:
- The powerful, but painful, question that sparked my healing journey back in 1984.
- How my intuition helped me to discover the triggers at the root of my MS—stress and food—and how experimenting with relaxation techniques and dietary changes allowed me to remove these root causes and reverse my illness.
- Growing research confirming an indisputable link between lifestyle factors and the perpetuation of autoimmune illness, despite genetics.
- A look at the intimate connection between the microbiome and the immune system courtesy of Dr. Terry Wahls, who reversed her own devastating progression of MS with targeted lifestyle changes.
- Chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia expert Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum’s assertion that MS is a “mis-match disease” courtesy of our modern environment.
- My wholistic approach to healing and the studies that back my F.I.G.H.T.S. framework.
- My 10 healthy eating habits, which anyone can adopt right now.
- The top 12 foods to avoid to heal your gut and nourish your body.
The six factors that make up F.I.G.H.T.S.—food, infection, gut, hormone balance, toxins, and stress—are both the root-cause triggers for autoimmune conditions and the solutions for healing. For a primer on all six, read this. Or find a more in-depth look, along with actionable toolkits to address each category, in my book, Beat Autoimmune, The 6 Keys to Reverse Your Condition and Reclaim Your Health.
Read the article HERE.
- You can find What Doctors Don’t Tell You (WDDTY) in many health food co-ops, Sprouts stores, and some Whole Foods markets. Or consider a subscription.
- In my new book, Beat Autoimmune, The 6 Keys to Reverse Your Condition and Reclaim Your Health, I share my story of beating MS, exciting new science, other people’s healing journeys and practical strategies you can use right away.
- Transcend Autoimmune is my private Facebook group that offers community, information and empowerment to transcend any of the 150+ autoimmune conditions naturally.
What did you resonate with? Do you have questions?
Take good care!
p.s. Before you go, please accept our FREE gift: Your Optimal Food Guide ebook, which can help you figure out which foods can help you reverse autoimmune conditions or just optimize your health.
Photo: me making a keto pumpkin pie in our kitchen by Saro Acharya