Wendy Myers, FDN is a toxin and mineral expert and founder of the Myers Detox™ podcast. She invited me on her show to discuss how we can reverse autoimmune conditions naturally by addressing top toxins in our personal environments.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- My MS healing journey from total body numbness and diagnosis at 19 to complete reversal two decades later
- The initial hypothesis that toxic childhood stress was my biggest root cause
- A summary of key experiments I tried over the decades and how finally finding my lynchpin root cause (a top toxic food) led to complete healing
- We discuss the mnemonic, F.I.G.H.T.S.™ as the root cause categories we can control and why food is the best place to start a healing journey
- How toxins are creating “neoantigens” which the immune system attacks, resulting in autoimmunity
- The big role toxic stress even in childhood plays in the development of autoimmune conditions decades later
- How medications are a top trigger of autoimmune conditions
- Why you should avoid anything with the word “fragrance” in your products
No doubt that autoimmune conditions are on the rise and that environmental toxins are fueling much of the autoimmune epidemic. To learn more about the toxin-autoimmune connection, and what you can do to heal by minimizing toxins read THIS. By practicing the precautionary principle, we can minimize our exposure to toxicants and safeguard our health. And that’s a crucial step you can take today.
I beat MS by addressing my top toxic triggers stress and gluten, and by healing my gut. In my new book, Beat Autoimmune, The 6 Keys to Reverse Your Condition and Reclaim Your Health, I share my story, exciting new science, other people’s healing journeys and practical strategies you can use right away.
Thanks for listening to my interview with Wendy:
Do you resonate with anything you heard? Do you have questions? How do you practice the precautionary principle to heal or stay well?
Take good care!
p.s. Before you go, please accept our FREE gift: Your Optimal Food Guide ebook, which can help you figure out which foods can help you reverse autoimmune conditions or just optimize your health.
Want more info on how to reduce toxins? Check out this post on Ten Ways to Lighten Your Toxic Load.