“How I Reversed Multiple Sclerosis” is a presentation I gave at the Silicon Valley Health Institute (SVHI).
I was diagnosed with relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis (MS) at age 19, and for 26 years suffered the on-again/off-again awful symptoms of numbness, tingling, optic neuritis, and profound fatigue. Six neurologists told me “there’s nothing you can do” – except take medication and prepare for my life in a wheelchair. Turns out there’s a lot I could do!
I did numerous experiments including multiple diets, supplements, toxin removal, stress reduction techniques, and gut healing. Finally, in 2010 I found and removed my lynchpin root cause and have not only been symptom-free ever since, a blood test shows that my antibody levels to myelin sheath and other neurological tissues are all in the normal range, and a recent MRI shows that lesions have faded or disappeared, meaning, I no longer have MS.
I’ll always have the genes for MS, but I can mostly control whether those genes get expressed based on what I eat, drink, think and do.
I quit my job as an executive in the information technology industry to study how it’s possible to reverse and prevent autoimmune conditions. My studies have included epigenetics, Functional Medicine, stress reduction, energy medicine, and Functional Medicine. In the first half of this talk I describe what I did to heal the MS; and in the second half, I share what I’ve learned to help others.
- Having a strong support system of family and friends was essential.
- The biggest gift given to me was a question: Why do you think you got this disease?
- Believing I could heal was paramount even though numerous doctors said, “There’s nothing you can do except take medication.”
- Being curious and determined gave me the resilience to continue with experiments.
- Paying attention to and investigating GI symptoms held the key to my recovery.
- The power of epigenetics gives us way more control over our health outcomes than we ever imagined possible.
- Groundbreaking research offers an exciting autoimmune reversal and prevention equation.
- Discovering the 6 major autoimmune root cause categories: F.I.G.H.T.S.™ Food, Infections, Gut health, Hormone balance, Toxins, and Stress
- Science snippets and short stories illustrate the healing power of addressing FIGHTS.™
- Download the Autoimmune Healing Manifesto
- Read the Beat Autoimmune blog
- Learn about exciting advances in science and understanding about autoimmune conditions
Take good care!
p.s., If you want my help beating an autoimmune condition and you’re ready, willing, and able to dig in to your personal root causes, consider Functional Medicine Consulting. I collaborate with a naturopath who is an expert in resolving chronic infections and toxic burdens which are almost always part of the autoimmune puzzle. Together we provide a comprehensive, holistic plan and we will stick with you to make sure you get good results. Sign up for a complimentary 15 min discovery call to discuss how we might work together.
Palmer…just finished watching your video and just wanted to say…YES!!!
Incorporating F.I.G.H.T.S. into our lives has changed the course of not only Romy’s life, but mine and everyone that will listen when I share. Great presentation. <3
Shannon — thank YOU! You and Romy and I are on the same team! I so appreciate your feedback and support. Can’t wait to share Part 2 of Romy and your stories! 🙂
I think about how hard it was for me during diagnosis and how I would constantly turn to the internet for knowledge and support. I admire Palmer for being able to stay strong and keep hope without that crutch of support back then. I was able to go through almost everything you mention in your presentation in less than 2 years thanks to the internet in this age of aquarius.
Fantastic, George. The Internet, the Wahls’ protocol, and more healing stories available today really do make the healing process much more efficient. Take good care!
Palmer, so glad to hear your personal story more completely and to better understand your healing journey and philosophy. Gratitude to Tom for pointing me to this video.
Thank you, Chris. Grateful for you!
Thank you Palmer on exposing the truth to healing autoimmune conditions. Stress is a huge factor for myself, including diet. Your strength gives us all strength, even though it takes some of us a little longer in our healing process, due to outside resistance and stressful situations. Great presentation full of life saving information.
Thank you, Linda. Yes on stress (and diet) being a huge factor in general, and great that you are on it! I’m grateful for you!
Comments are closed.