The whole-food ketogenic diet is an ancestral diet with myriad benefits for those dealing with autoimmune disorders. Mary Ruddick, Certified Nutrition Consultant, discusses the benefits of the ketogenic diet for preventing, treating and reversing autoimmune conditions and offers tips on how to do it successfully.
- The ketogenic diet is all about ratios: it’s a high fat (70-80% fat), low protein, and extremely low carbohydrate approach.
- People with autoimmune disorders can reverse their conditions using the nutrient dense whole food ketogenic diet. Mary did and so did dozens of her clients– it’s the most well studied diet and has been followed for thousands of years.
- Make sure you use healthy fats – avocado, olive oil, pasture butter, duck fat, ghee, lard, and pasture-raised animals; and avoid processed fats like margarine, canola, safflower oils.
- Unlike other diets, the whole food ketogenic diet doesn’t leave you hungry. The fats in this diet promote satiety, so you’ll be less tempted to eat unhealthy foods.
- You can stay on this diet indefinitely, but should give any healing diet a minimum of 6 months to determine if it’s providing the benefits you need.
- Supplement with polysaccharides along with a ketogenic diet. These 8 essential sugars will strengthen your immune system.
More with Mary Ruddick:
Watch Part 1: Healing Food Sensitivities to Heal Autoimmune Conditions
Read Mary’s inspirational healing story of overcoming twelve diseases in a dozen years.
Take good care!
p.s. Before you go, please accept our FREE gift: Your Optimal Food Guide ebook, which can help you figure out which foods can help you reverse autoimmune conditions or just optimize your health.
p.s.s. And, if you are proactively seeking to heal from any autoimmune condition and want community, support and valuable information, please join our free, private Facebook group: Transcend Autoimmune.
For more personal stories and inspiration, check out our Healing Stories page.